Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Christmas Music In November

I have talked a lot lately about my motivation to getting more mobile. I want to be able to go to the Mall and "shop til I drop" like I did a few years ago before my arthritis set in. Well, yesterday I walked in to Macy's to purchase some gifts. Then after physical therapy Mindi, Candi, B.J. and their lovely darling little boys and I went to Kohl's. Mindi went in to make sure they had a wheelchair available and they did, so off we went. I'm sure we looked ridicules, me in the wheelchair pushing a stroller in front of me. At this point I could give a rat's behind what I look like, I just wanted to do some shopping. After a couple of hours I had gotten all my grandchildren taken care of for Christmas except Tristyn (she is so picky) and a few other odds and ends. We had so much fun yesterday that we got everything out and made sure we got the right sizes and something for everyone. Sure enough we had gotten a couple of wrong sizes so when Troy left for pre-school this morning we bolted out to do some more shopping. We started at Kohl's but by the time I got back to Macy's I truly thought I was going to die. If you have never had a hip operation or had to use a cane for a prolonged time, you don't understand what a toll it takes on your back. I could have used some heavy duty drugs but instead I just waddled out to the car and waited for Mindi to finish. When I got home I took some pain reliever and spent the rest of the afternoon putting ice and heat on my poor aching body. It is such a good feeling to have most of my shopping done and it isn't even Thanksgiving yet. I have to say this is a first for me. I will say that I'm already sick of the Christmas music they play over and over again in the stores. I think that should be illegal this early. I'm still hoping and praying there will come a day that I will be able to walk through the mall pain free. Then I will be HAPPY! Ha Ha

No comments: