Saturday, August 29, 2009

Busy Week

This has been a busy and stressful week. Rich and Dave spent the weekend in Seattle watching Spencer play the Seahawks and touring around Anacortes in Washington. That left Mindi and I to do the Kids and Church by ourselves. She commented that she didn't know how single Moms do it. Rich was behind at work because of his traveling so we didn't see him much during the week. On Wednesday evening they had a ward "cookies and milk" social with the old bishopric and that was fun. The ward gave him a book and a card with lots of nice comments written by ward members. It doesn't seem like much has changed, he still isn't home so I wonder how he was able to do all he got done during those five years while serving. On Thursday it was Dally Dogs birthday. He is Candi's "second child," we are hoping he will someday say a few words so he won't have to scream all the time. He is so cute and so loving but I know he drives her crazy at times. She isn't the most patient person around. The party didn't seem right for me because someone was missing. Well, actually there were several people missing from our family, but one who I think the world of. One that I love dearly and sad to see struggle. As a Mom we try to make our children happy and take away their pain and sorrows. We try to protect them from getting hurt or being unhappy. Sometimes though, we have to stand by and watch them suffer. As a parent that is the worst place to be. I hate it. I do know that we can't control what happens to us or the trials we will be asked to go through. I do know that the only person who can help us through these hard times is the Savior. I know he loves us and wants us to be happy. I wish I could take away the pain but that's not my place. I hope at sometime in my lifetime I will be able to understand "why," and be at peace with it.

2 comments:

keepingupwiththewootans said...

Thank you for always being so good to share your big house to throw all the parties. Dallas had a ton of fun and he loved his cute gifts. What a blessing to be a close family and get to see eachother as much as we do. I love you mom. Candi

Ashley said...

Hi Teri,
You left a comment on my blog about joining your Grandma's Angel Blog and I would love to!!! My e-mail address is dahlface7@gmail.com. Thanks!!

Ashley Huston