Friday, August 21, 2009

"Groundhog Day"

"This afternoon as Mindi and I were coming home from running errands I said, "You know, sometimes I just want to go away for a while and think about my life and try and figure out what changes I could make to be happier." At times I feel like I've spent the prime of my life taking care of everyone and everything around me. I'm so tired of the same old thing day after day. I feel like I'm in the movie "Groundhog Day," where everyday he wakes up to the same song on the radio and the same things over and over again. I know I need to change my thought process because when I really sit and think about all my blessings I can't help feeling grateful for all the blessings in my life. The last year has been hard, but I have survived something I never thought possible. I have felt the love of friends and family that I will never forget. I have grown spiritually and emotionally. I'm so very proud of my children and grandchildren and the love they have for each other. I asked a friend of mine "if our Heavenly Father knows everything about us, and knows what we are going to do in any situation, why do we even need to be here on this earth?" He said, " Yes, He does know everything about us, but we need to prove to ourselves what choices we will make." Of course we do. We have hundreds of choices to make each and everyday. We also need to realize that our days are made up of all our thoughts whether they are good or evil. I know my negative thoughts get me in to trouble all the time. Life is hard, but I know it could be a lot worse. We never know what trials will be asked of us, what sacrifices we will have to make. All I know is that I want to be with Kamber wherever she is. That's going to take lots of work to get there. I hope I'm up for the challenge.

2 comments:

Flip flop Queen! said...

I have someone that would like to be part of your angel blog. Let me know how I can get her signed up.

Larsens said...

to break up the 'groundhog day' you need a vacation. its always a lot of work to do it, but it is WELL worth it in the end. now is the time in your life that you should be taking all kinds of vacations! go explore!