Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Family Night at the Lake

Can I just tell you for a long time now I have felt "left behind". It seems like everyone else I know has a life but me. Most of it is self induced but I still feel it. Everyone has gotten to go on vacation this summer but me. My kids make it a priority to get away to the beach or the mountains or to the lake, but I stay home and keep the house and animals alive. On Sunday they called Rich and told him the annual youth lake activity was planned for this Saturday and they needed him to take our boat. I can honestly say I was pissed off. I even told a guy in our ward that I haven't even been on the boat in a couple of years. I was getting more and more irritated as the day went on. To be honest with you, I spend most of my waking hours irritated at someone or something. Last week Rich had told us at dinner that we needed to go to the lake before we run out of summer and that maybe Monday would be a good day. So we made sure the boat was still in one piece, after Ethan had it at Lake Powell and went. It was 115 degrees when we finally got loaded and gassed up and we got on the lake at about 5:00 p.m. We had to get the kids in life jackets and that was a chore. We had Mindi's four kids and Ethan's two older girls. Rich handed Mindi a life jacket for Troy it was the right size but it was Dora the Explorer, and it was Kamber's. I just couldn't be okay with that so she put a different one on him. We found a cute red and yellow one that looked more like a boy anyway. We took off across Canyon Lake and went back into some of the channels and let the kids jump in and swim to get cooled off while Rich and Mindi blew up our big tube. We spent the rest of the time pulling the kids around the lake until it was almost dark and we stopped and ate. The kids were so good, even Troy rode on the tube and jumped off the boat into the lake. Rich pulled them around until it started getting dark and we came home. I wouldn't call it a vacation, but it was a change of pace. We are hoping to go up next Monday and take Candi and B.J. and their kids. That will be two summer activities for me. Ye Ha!


3 comments:

Larsens said...

wish we could be there! looks fun. come up to denver for your vacation! you deserve one and need one. get out of that heat.

The McNeil Family said...

Look like you had fun with your grandkids. I am glad you finally got to go out to the lake.

Unknown said...

Teri--you know I Love You
I'll take you on a vacation