Sunday, August 23, 2009

3 ACT PLAY

Sundays are not a day of rest for me. They also are hard because it is a time to reflect on life. Rich and Dave went to Seattle to watch Spencer play and Mindi and I stayed home with the kids. Tristyn had a volleyball tournament on Saturday and we were busy all day cleaning and doing laundry. We then watched the game last night with friends. This morning as I was getting ready for church I turned on the BYU channel and was listening to a talk given on how to know what is in your teenagers head. I don't have any children at home anymore but what he said applied to all of us. He was talking about how our lives are like a 3 Act Play. The first act is our premortal life, the second is our earthly life and then the third act is after we die. He said that because of our choices we made in the first act we were sent to earth. It is here where we experience tests, trials, temptations and tragedy. There are no "Happily Ever After" until we go on to Act 3. He then said that we can't take the trials we have in our life and let that define who and what we are. I know that since Kamber passed away it seems like there is so much sadness going on around us. I'm sure there was even before last July, but because of our filter on life, it seems like we relate more to it. Maybe that's the way life is suppose to be. We have experiences that then make us more able to have sympathy and empathy for others. I hope I can become a better person because of my trials. It's hard to not feel self pity and wonder "why me?"Grief is are weird thing, you never know when it will rear it's ugly head. All I know is that the sun will come up tomorrow.

2 comments:

gs said...

Teri, congrats to you on posting so regularly--it's good for the mind. When I get my head above water during a trial, I often think, "I want to be able to help others in my same boat". It helps me stabilize. I promised to help you with email in Sept...remember?
Anyway, I've had a robust sinus infection since we talked in church but will call if I ever get well!!!!!!!

Kami Milliron said...

I am not sure who I email or contact, but I would like to be a part of this Blog also. I heard about this from Jen Larsen, who is a friend of mine. My Dad passed away in December of 2008 and 3 weeks after that, my Daughter was Stillborn when I was 8 months pregnant. I would like to be a part of something so amazing like this. A place where I can go and know that others understand the pain and confusion I feel sometimes.

Thanks for having this Blog, please let me know if I can join. Thanks : )

Kami Milliron
kamillemilliron@gmail.com