Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Deliver Me From Bondage

Before Spencer left for training camp he gave me his little lecture on how to be happier. We decided that I was in bondage and that maybe I should work on that aspect of my life. Everyone that knows me understands my love of animals. It started as a young child, I probably took care of the animals in heaven. My parents were both school teachers and my Dad grew up on a farm so they didn't let us have many animals. I remember having a big red cat named "Tom" and an occasional dog, but it wasn't until I was a junior in high school that I was able to get a pet of my own. So, when I got married I decided I would get every animal I could. I have had goats, sheep, chickens, pot bellied pigs, dogs, cats, rabbits, birds, turtles and fish. At one time I was going to get a cow but Rich said "sure we could get a cow but we will have to eat it." That put a damper on that idea. Anyway, after fighting with Rich for 30 + years, and listening to my children's constant complaining I have decided that I am an animal hoarder and I need to fix this problem. So, thanks to Mindi we have been getting rid of all the animals we don't LOVE by selling them or giving them away. We have gotten rid of all my birds, her gecko lizard and two of my aquariums. We also thinned our sulcatata tortoise herd. I hope it makes my life easier and I can spend more time doing the things I enjoy. I'm still trying to figure out what I would really like to do. Maybe I should start traveling, I love to fly and I love driving that much more! Ha Ha

No comments: