Monday, May 23, 2016

63rd Birthday Extravaganza

I've been on a Birthday Extravaganza since Friday afternoon. I've been to lunch twice, (yummy Mexican food). I've been shopping twice, to church and had my family over yesterday for dinner and ice cream cake. Yesterday I had lots of calls, cards, gifts and well wishes. I'm done celebrating, I've eaten too much and I'm tired. Sometimes I think I'm still a little kid when it comes to birthdays. I like to celebrate others special day but I don't really like mine. This year my birthday was on Sunday. Rich picked up my Mom for church and she came and listened to Tristyn's talk and a song she sang and then Rich took her to listen to my brother Len and his wife Julie speak in a Stake Conference. It was a good day with family and friends calling and coming over and all the kids and grand kids coming for dinner. This morning my house looked like a bomb had gone off and the floor was sticky due to the suckers Candi gave the twins to keep them in one place for a few minutes. I can't believe how boring my life would be without these people in my life. I feel old until my Mom tells me how young I am and compared to eighty-six I am young. I'm thankful I'm still here and well enough to do most of the things I want to do. I'm thankful for my friends and family who make me feel special and loved. I'm thankful for my testimony that God lives and answers prayers. I'm thankful for all my experiences that have made me who I am. Most of all I'm thankful for my knowledge that this life isn't the end and at some point I will see my Dad, Kamber and all those others I love who have passed on. Thanks Mom for bringing me into the world and being my closest advocate for the last sixty-three years. I love you all!

No comments: