Thursday, June 2, 2016

Stomach Virus and Memorial Day

I realize that some weeks are just harder than others. Last week our family was dealing with a stomach virus that seemed to run through most of us. It started with some of the grand kids and when they came over, some of us ended up with it. It seems like we are always having one sort of trial in the family, but hopefully the worst is over. Our extended family has a tradition of going to the cemetery the Sunday evening of Memorial Day weekend. This year we had a smaller group decorating graves and then having treats. We start at my grandparents grave and end at sweet Kamber's. It's always interesting to me to see just how many people are there, some set up chairs and stay for a long time. This year we stopped and talked about each person we were honoring. My Uncle Kenneth was killed while serving in the military when his plane crashed into a mountain while on a training mission. It has been a long time, I was only five years old and I can still remember my parents crying. It was a devastating loss for our family. The older I get the more I realize that life isn't fun a lot of the time. We do have times that things to be moving smoothly along, but most of the time we are putting out fires, and trying to stay focused on the eternal plan of life. This week the weather is heating up to over 115 degrees, like I said, sometimes life just isn't that much fun.



No comments: