Saturday, August 1, 2015

Road Trip To Montana

One week ago I decided to come to Montana to visit Spencer and his family in Billings. My son-in-law Dave was driving a U Haul with a load of cabinets and granite for a job my son Ethan is doing here. After a couple of emotional breakdowns and a few near miss accidents we made it.  We were traveling through Utah on Pioneer Day and we talked about how hard it was going up those mountains sometimes not getting over 35 miles an hour. When we pulled in to Salt Lake the skies were lit up with fireworks everywhere.  I have never seen so many fireworks. It took us fifteen hours to make it to SLC and then another fourteen to get through Idaho and to Billings. As we were on the road all day Saturday I had lots of time to think about Kamber, as it was the seventh anniversary of her death.  Spencer didn't know I was coming so he acted excited.  I've had so much fun seeing the sights and doing some shopping. We left on Thursday to go to Mt Rushmore. Wow! What an amazing experience. The sacrifice that was made by those men is amazing. We spent the night in Rapid City, South Dakota and after touring Bear Country we headed back to Billings. I'm not going to want to go on another road trip for a long time.  Now I'm just waiting for a ride home or get my nerve up to fly. For now I'm just enjoying the cooler weather and the grand kids.  








No comments: