Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Birthday, Top of the World and The Temple

We got home from Mt Rushmore on Friday and on Saturday it was Gunnar's seventh birthday. He was born a month early on the day we buried Kamber, so I was an emotional mess.  While we were eating breakfast Annie was explaining how special he is to our family and that he and Kamber probably passed each other in Heaven. By Sunday I was so homesick I cried most of the day. Ethan, who is also working up here picked me up and let me have my sobbing fest. We Face Timed home and I was able to talk to Rich and my Mom who were having dinner at Len and Julie's.  I also talked to Dave and Mindi about planning my trip home. That's still up in the air since Ethan came into some trouble with the stain for the doors and windows. Yesterday Spencer decided to take me to Red Lodge and the Top of the World. It was about an hour drive going towards Wyoming but the mountains were breathtaking and there was still snow on the top of the mountains. We got almost to the top but we were afraid we would run out of gas so we coasted down the mountain, got gas and ice cream before coming home.  Today is Annie's Grandpas ninety-third birthday so his son took him to the Temple. Spencer is busy with work, so she wanted me to go.  It's my kind of Temple, small and beautiful. I'm so thankful I got my courage up and went, there is a special feeling you have when you go through a session. I can see why Spencer wants to live in Montana, it is truly beautiful but I'll be glad to get home.  






No comments: