Thursday, August 20, 2015

Cathing Up

I swear it's taken me a week to finally get caught up. I finally finished ironing all of Rich's shirts, both work and church and put the ironing board down yesterday. I've also caught up on my sleep. I didn't realize how much a trip like that would take out of this senior citizen.  I knew Montana was a long way away. I knew it was almost 1400 miles from my house in Gilbert. I just didn't know really how FAR that is away, but now I do.  I went this morning and got my B-12 shot that I missed while away, so hopefully I will be able to get some energy so I can get more accomplished around here. We are going to take the puppies to the vet this afternoon and get their shots and check-ups so we can sell them this weekend. Poor Mindi has been so overwhelmed with two litters of puppies but after this weekend she can hopefully sleep in. Last night I went with two other friends to take dinner in to a friend who's mother passed away last Saturday.  She looked so tired and I could relate to her because of losing Dad last January.  When I came home I was talking to Rich about my feelings. It's really hard getting older and seeing your parents health decline. It's so hard to say goodbye to them but are so happy when they are out of pain and suffering.  I'm so grateful to have had my parents for as long as I have and know that our relationships will continue on through the eternities.

No comments: