Thursday, November 6, 2014

Voleyball Over, Juicing Begins

It seems like another week when I feel like I'm just spinning my wheels. I have lots to do but not enough energy to get things done. Trisyn's last volleyball game was Tuesday night and they lost, so her season is over. We've picked most of the fruit, except three trees in my backyard I will work on tonight before we start juicing tomorrow. I just got home from exchanging a double stroller for the twins that we bought for the shower. When we got it home we realized that the car seats weren't included, so it took two hours and another $200 to get that straightened out. Then we stopped at the Relief Society pot luck luncheon at Kelli's house which is always fun and yummy. Lately there have been some things that have happened that make me question what's going on in the world. It seems like the older I get the more disenchanted I become by the actions of others around me. I heard once in a Conference talk something to the affect that you can tell the relationship someone has with Christ by the way they treat others. I don't know why that's been running through my mind so much, I guess just because of some of the things I hear and see around me. In a talk in the Priesthood Session by President Uchtdorf he said, "I'm not sure why we are able to diagnose and recommend remedies for other people's ills so well, while we often have difficulty seeing our own." It is hard for us mortals to realize what we do and say affects the self esteem and happiness of those around us. I try and be a good person but there are times that those "not so nice" parts of me come alive, I guess all you can do is just keep trying. Tomorrow we will get together for a juice fest and hopefully we can get them done before dark. It gets harder every year and the older we get the slower we get and the longer it takes for us to get it done. It is fun getting together and doing something hard, we never know when this year will be the last we have the two 85 year-olds with us, so I'm not complaining about this project, not me not ever.

No comments: