Friday, November 14, 2014

Spinning My Wheels

Some weeks I just don't feel that productive. I have so much that I want to do and that needs to be done, but sometimes I feel like I'm spinning my wheels. It's been a week already since we juiced all our fruit. I've made four or five batches of jelly and haven't put a dent in my bounteous harvest yet. Yesterday Mindi and I watched Jenn's kids while she went to the doctor. We were hoping she would have these babies by now, but bless her heart she is still hanging in there. As I get older it seems easier to have empathy with people who are struggling because you know where they are. I've never had twins, but I did have an almost ten pound baby and I thought I was going to die. This morning I went to the dermatologist to have two moles cut off my face and arm. I swear if you want to feel young, and beautiful hang out at the dermatologists office because most everyone there was over seventy. I asked the doctor why so many old people have skin issues. He said it was because as we age our immune system gets weaker and that causes lots of skin problems. There's another thing to have to worry about in the next few years. Next week is Mom's 85th birthday so we are all getting together on Sunday night after the Temple Dedication. Then this year everyone is going somewhere else for Thanksgiving so it will just be a few of us getting together to eat. Hopefully we will have the twins here before then but if not the doctor is going to induce her on the Friday after Thanksgiving. So basically we are on baby watch for the next couple of weeks and hoping for a phone call that says they are on their way to the hospital. Until then I guess I'll just keep spinning my wheels.

No comments: