Monday, November 17, 2014

Still No Babies

This morning I woke up at 5 a.m. and knew I had no chance of going back to sleep. Rich left Friday night late and took a red eye to Boston to help Spencer install his new kitchen. I hate being alone at night, I'm not anxious like I used to be, I just don't ever get into that really deep sleep that makes me feel rested. So by 8:30 this morning I had already washed my sheets, unloaded my dishwasher, fed the dogs and made two batches of jelly. When my Mom called and asked what I was doing, she was so proud of all my accomplishments so early in the morning. Even at 85 she's a "go getter" and can work circles around me still. Yesterday for church we attended the Phoenix Temple Dedication. Dave went in the morning so he could watch Trulie, then Mindi and I took all the rest of the kids in the afternoon. I have to say I think this was one of the best meetings I have been to. The music was beautiful and the talks and prayer were inspiring. Sometimes when I'm down on myself I don't feel worthy to attend the Temple, but these speakers made me realize the importance of the Temples to our happiness. Jenn hasn't had any contractions and hopefully she can survive this pregnancy and delivery of these babies. I'm getting so excited to see what they look like and hold them. Ethan and Dave are running the business while Rich is out of town, so now we have put the "having the babies" on the back burner until the weekend and Rich gets home. Now I need to go take a little nap so I have enough energy to get some more projects done tonight, six more nights of sleeping alone, I can do it.

1 comment:

Coplen's said...

I can't wait for those baby boys to be born!! What a blessing for your family!!! So excited for Jenn & Ethan. Jenn is amazing! :) I will be praying for her this week and next. Please post right away when she has them and some pictures too. Love you Teri! :)