Friday, July 11, 2014

I Survived Bunco, Yea!



For the last month I've been stressing about having the Bunco ladies come to my house for dinner and games. I had never played Bunco before, which is just a silly dice game that a bunch of old ladies get together and play. There is absolutely no skill to it, just rolling dice and keeping score. I used to be able to plan parties, baby and bridal showers and it was a lot of work, but I kind of enjoyed it. It forced me to stretch a little and be creative and get my house ship, shape. This morning when I woke up I felt like I'd been hit by a truck. The stress of the last month had taken a toll and my head was pounding and I was in a bad mood. Since Kamber passed away and I've had hip replacement and now a bad knee, it just seems like anything extra is too hard for me. I wish I was the type of person that could invite people over and just not care that everything looks perfect. Just a little dusting and vacuuming would do. I just can't do that and besides having to do dinner and treats, desert and buy a little gift for twelve people, put me over the edge. It was a lot of fun and I absolutely love the ladies that came. Jenn came over this morning and we took all the kids out to swim. As we were enjoying the 90 plus degree water, I was thinking how nice it would be to be able to just get away. Pack up all the grand kids and get out of the heat. I envisioned myself sitting under a pine tree enjoying the cool weather. Or maybe another trip to the beach and have the smell of salt water permeate around me. I know that can't happen we have way too much going on around here and too many animals to find homes for, but it was worth a try and just daydreaming about it picked up my mood a little bit.

No comments: