Friday, October 31, 2014

Grandma's Birthday and Halloween





 I was feeling a little bit nostalgic this morning so I decided I would try and find some pictures of my kids on Halloween. I pulled two boxes full of pictures out and started looking. After spending a couple of hours I gave up. I found report cards, achievement certificates and pictures of everything else. I even found my diploma from ASU, but the  only pictures I found was one of Candi as a clown and one Trick or Treating at one of my dear friend Leonore's house. This one was specials because Leonore passed away this past summer. Today is a special day because it's my Grandma Fern's birthday. She was one of the kindest people I have ever known and one of the "Great Ones" in my life. I did find her funeral program that I've kept since she passed away in 1974 while I was a student at BYU. As I read over the program I saw that she was born in 1898 and passed away one month shy of her 76th birthday. I'm surprised that of all the kids and grandkids born, I don't think there is one that was born on Oct.31st. The baby I miscarried was due around that time, so I always think about her and the chance that I might have had a baby on her birthday. We are having a little family shower for Jenn tomorrow so I've been busy getting the quilts done for the twins. It is an exciting time for our family having two babies born at the same time is something I never imagined would happen to me. I know it is hard carrying two big babies but what a blessing to know they are healthy and growing normally. These next two weeks will be really important to ensure they get here safely, so extra prayers are being said for them. Tristyn just came home from school looking for a costume to wear to volleyball practice. All we could think of was the costume Candi got for me a few years ago. It fit her perfectly so I had to get a picture of her before she left. If I can't find any of my kids I guess I'll have to post some of the grandkids. Happy Halloween to everyone, tomorrow is November thank heavens.


No comments: