Tuesday, October 21, 2014

Homecoming and Twins

Last Thursday I got a call from Ethan asking me if I could go with Jenn to her ultrasound appointment again because he couldn't take time off from work. I'm so lucky to have a sweet daughter-in-law that would want me to be with her again. When she picked me up she was in pain and I was worried we may be heading to the hospital instead, but the pain was just the fact that she's got two big babies in there. As I looked at those precious spirits moving around, their hearts beating, I wondered how anyone could deny they are from God and these children are so loved by him. When the technician told us that Baby A is already 6 pounds and Baby B 5.4, I thought Jenn was going to faint on the table. No wonder she is having pains, she has over twelve pounds of babies and then when you add in the placentas and the extra blood, it's amazing she can even get around. I am so excited to see these little guys and get to know them. We still don't know if they are identical or just fraternal but either way we'll take them. On Saturday night Tristyn went to her first high school dance. It was Homecoming and even though she played in a volleyball tournament all day Friday and Saturday, she was still able to get ready and go. I wanted to take some pictures of her but her date was late arriving and I had hungry animals outside. By the time I finally got in they had come and gone but Mindi and Dave took some cute pictures of her. She is a typical teenager but has a really sweet spirit about her. I hope so much that she won't get caught up in all the drama when dealing with "mean girls" at school. It's been a long time since I was sixteen but I sure wish I could go back and have a do over. I wouldn't worry about what anyone thought about me and I would study harder and be more teachable. I was weird in high school and never really felt that I fit in. Maybe that's what everyone goes through during that awkward age. Anyway, we only get one chance at this mortal life and so I'm trying to make the best of it, even when it gets a little hard.



No comments: