Tuesday, October 14, 2014

No More Funnel Cakes Please




Last weekend was such a doozy that I went to bed at 9:00 o'clock both nights, I was so tired. We had Troy's baptism on Saturday morning and then a carnival for the boys who each had a birthday last week. Mindi can't just do a simple birthday party, she has to go all out. She had booths for the kids to throw bean bags and rings, a jump house that looked like a castle and yummy food. I ate so much funnel cakes and Bahama Bucks that I was sick the rest of the day. During the baptism my cousin Barb and I were talking about how lucky Troy was to not only have his grandfather there, but also his great-grandfather. When we were growing up we didn't know either of our grandfathers because they had died before we were even born. I was so relieved that the weekend was over that I decided to make cinnamon rolls on Sunday. I know it's a day of rest, but I really felt with the cooler weather, I wanted to smell something that reminded me of Fall. It seems like every day there is another challenge. Today we are taking the puppies in for their shots and vet check, plus I have an old lab that needs his Rabies shot before he can get licensed. Another one is having a hard time walking so she needs to be seen too. Sometimes I wonder if all this stress and worry is worth it. I try and be a good person but obviously not good enough. I've been wondering lately at what point do you throw in the towel and give up? Anyway, life continues to prove this mortal life is kicking my backside, but someday it will be over and hopefully I can rest then.

1 comment:

Coplen's said...

I love all the pictures!! Cinnamon rolls!! Yummy! What a special day for Troy and Mindi is such a good mama!! Love you Teri!