Friday, October 3, 2014

Enjoying Life Alone




It's already Friday again and I wonder where the days have gone. Rich left for Utah yesterday to spend some time with his family and attend his missionary reunion. Candi, B.J. and their boys left for a trip back East, seeing the historical sights and will be gone for over two weeks. Little old me is staying home enjoying a quiet home and empty bed. I have gone with Rich a few times to Utah but when you travel with him it feels more like the "Amazing Race" instead of a vacation, so I prefer staying home. I eat and do whatever I want and spend whatever I can get my hands on. I try and spend what I think his trip costs, isn't that fair? I can buy a lot of clothes, chocolate and fabric for the cost of an airline ticket. We usually treat ourselves to Outback Steak, just to celebrate the occasion. This next week is Fall Break for the kids and we are hopefully going to make some progress in the mowing and cleaning up department. We also have a family get together on Saturday to celebrate the Baptism of Troy who turned eight on October 1st. Sometimes I can get myself so riled up about the future. It seems like from here on out until after the holidays life is so busy. I've finally got the box ready to send to Spencer for his kids for Dane's birthday and some things for the kids for Halloween. I'm also trying to collect items Jenn will need for the twins. Just thinking about that is overwhelming and I'm not the one doing all the work, I'm just the grandma. I am looking forward to listening to Conference all weekend, even though sometimes it is overwhelming I love feeling the spirit when I listen to the talks and music. It's going to be a good weekend.

No comments: