Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Monsoon Over, Welcome October


The end of another month is fast approaching and I can't believe how busy the next few months are going to be. It seems like every week I have a list of things that I need to do, or projects I need to get done. This is also a month with five birthdays I need to celebrate, so it's crazy around here. A couple of months ago Kylie let me know she needed a new quilt. It wasn't just my normal quilt but one I hadn't ever made before. She wanted a Chevron pattern made out of blue and yellow material. I had some in my stash but needed to pick up a few more to get the affect I wanted. I literally spent hours and hours on this quilt. I have often been asked why I don't sell my quilts. For one thing they aren't perfectly made and I could never charge enough to cover the cost of the material and the hours spent sewing them. The only reason I do it is because I enjoy it, it lets me create something that others love. The last few days I've been working on a project for someone who has been very kind to me. I also cut out the strips and started the quilts for the twins. Wow! Trying to find two of everything is hard. I've been picking up sleepers and outfits but have a hard time finding two of the same size exactly alike. I've felt a little bit overwhelmed by the thought of these two little guys and pray that Jenn will be able to handle the stress and strain having twins is causing to her mind and body. The other night when someone suggested that Rich and I become foster parents I felt physically sick. I know there are so many children who need a home and I wish I had the patience and ability to help all the children with no families. I also feel horrible when I hear of all the animals that need homes and if not adopted are euthanized. I feel at sixty-one that part of my life is over. I just want to have enough energy to make a difference in my grandchildren's lives. On Friday night we went out to the Ethan's for a party for Kylie. She turned twelve on the 23rd and that's a big birthday in our culture. They had lots of fun things for the kids to do and had a carnival theme. It was a lot of fun but lots of work too. Tomorrow is Troy and my niece Alishia's birthdays, then Rich leaves for Conference on Thursday and the week is over. At least it's cooling off a little bit and the fall decorations are coming out. Today is the end of the monsoon season for us too. This has been one of the wettest seasons we have had and we are so thankful for the rain but the mosquitoes have been horrible. I guess we have to take the good with the bad. At least that's what I've finally figured out.

No comments: