Wednesday, September 24, 2014

I Survied Another Bump In The Road

In the middle of the night I woke up feeling sick. I felt nauseated and didn't know what was causing it. I knew I had an appointment this morning to have oral surgery to put an implant in the hole left when he pulled my tooth last January. Was that what was bothering me? When I finally woke up this morning I was exhausted. I'm so tired of going through life tired. I can list a hundred things I'm tired of but that wouldn't change anything. When I was a kid I was so terrified of the dentist, they would have to sedate me to do anything in my mouth. I'm an adult now but that little girl is still terrified inside. When I was getting ready to leave for my appointment I was almost in tears. I went in my closet to get a shirt and started thinking about some of the trials I've had in my life. I remember a time when I was talking to Ethan about something and he said, "I've already been through the hardest thing you could possibly go through, so anything else doesn't bother me." So I tried telling myself that I've already been through hell, so how hard can a little implant be anyway? When they were taking me back to have the procedure done Mindi said, "Come on Mom, gird up your loins," that was my go to saying as we were planning Kamber's viewing and funeral. Anyway, I survived this little bump in the road and will spend the rest of the day eating soft foods and resting. I love my surgeon and hope he forgives me for being such an anxiety filled patient. I prayed that I would survive something that is very hard for me to do and am aware their are many family and friends that are struggling with their own trials, especially Jenn who is caring twins. We pray for her and these babies all the time. During my implant procedure everyone left the room for a minute. I started getting scared so I pulled out my phone and took some pictures of my mouth on the screen. It reminded me of a scary witch at Halloween, so I started laughing. I'm just happy to be home and can't wait until the numbness wears off so I can feel my lips and tongue and hopefully won't be in too much pain. I survived!

No comments: