Friday, September 12, 2014

Who Really Cares?

Last night when I went to bed I felt kind of bad about my ranting post earlier in the day. Sometimes it seems like I'm swimming upstream with no way to get out of the river. I went to the oral surgeon to see about getting an implant so I can have a tooth put in the hole left behind when I had a tooth pulled in January. I was complaining about how I can't keep my stupid tongue from wanting to move in and out of it. After he listened a minute and looked in my mouth he said, "you are the easiest patient I have today. I have seen two people with cancer and some with other problems, I can help you with this." I started thinking about all the suffering in the world. How easy it is to get into the "feel sorry for Teri" mood. So what if my house is hot, water is leaking out of my ceiling and my pools turning green, who really even cares? At least I have a house to live in. Last night was the last night of Bunco for this cycle. I looked around at the amazing women that were there. We have so much fun laughing over a stupid little dice game. We have all had some hard times and difficult trials but for a couple of hours we seem to forget everything that's going on and just laugh and have fun. We also eat way too many sweets but who really cares about that either? I feel bad that I won't be able to play next year. With Jenn expecting twins, I feel it is important that I be available to help her. I don't know how much help this old granny can be not driving and having a hard time walking, but I think I can still do laundry and help a little bit around the house and with the little kids. These two babies will be our 18th and 19th grandchildren. I called Spencer the other day and put the pressure on him to make it an even 20. I think everyone else is done and twenty sounds better than nineteen. All he said was, "Ma, you don't need anymore grandkids, you have enough." So this may be it for us, we are kind of getting where it costs a lot for birthdays and Christmas, but we feel so blessed for the posterity we have and thankful for each and every one of them, especially our angel girl in Heaven.

1 comment:

Stephanie Abney said...

Teri - I love the HONESTY of all your posts! And I have to tell you that I'm sitting her smiling that you discovered you LOVE Bunco, especially because of the great women and your association with them. I love you, Teri. And I love that you keep up this blog. You're a great example to most of us slacker-bloggers out there! Carry on!!