Thursday, September 11, 2014

The Dark Cloud of 9/11

Last night on the way home from Tristyn's volleyball game I became so irritated. It's funny how I can deal with lots of stress until I finally feel that dark cloud of despair come over me. Even though I'm in my sixties I still am so competitive it makes me crazy when I watch my kids or grandkids play sports and lose. Maybe I'll just stay home instead of putting myself through the agony of watching none skilled players play with coaches that don't coach to win. Rant over! Rich didn't get home until after 8 p.m. after he'd worked a fifteen hour day, done his scouting church job and helped set up the risers for the Primary Program. I had to let him know that having no air conditioning in my kitchen and laundry room all summer, water dripping into a bucket in the hall for a month, and having my pool pump sparking is not acceptable. I guess you could say I didn't go to bed very happy last night. I'm thinking the one bedroom condo with no yard work, and no animals is the way to go. The problem is that by the time we got rid of all our stuff and fixed everything that is either worn out or broken there wouldn't be a reason to move. Maybe my bad mood is because it is 9/11 today. I remember watching the t.v. for days feeling so sad and out of sorts. It was Spencer's senior year of high school and his final year of football. I can still feel those feelings of fear and despair I had for the families and what those people must have gone through in the planes and the buildings they hit. Lots of our first responders were killed also on that terrible day. Life goes on and I know we have had lots of growth in our family these last thirteen years. We've have some really good times and some that have changed who we are mentally and spiritually. I know someday the cloud will lift and things will get better, they always do, but until that happens I'll just live under that dark cloud and enjoy it.

No comments: