Tuesday, October 28, 2014

Shopping and Sewing

I spent the weekend cleaning and sewing. I have so many quilts in different stages, that it stresses me out. I think I have a little ADHD because I would rather go in my sewing room and work on a new one before I have all the others finished. I did finally finish one I made for Trent. He turned eleven on the 10th of October so it's not too late. I bought some really colorful material with outer space and planets on it, but when Mindi mentioned it to him, he gave her that look. So I asked him what he wanted and of course it was sports. So I pulled out all my blue and red sport material and whipped him up a quilt. I've also been working on quilts for the twins. We are having a little family shower for Jenn on Saturday, so I've been shopping and sewing. I've been lucky to find two of almost everything and I know she's going to need lots of help. Sometimes I feel guilty that I'm not out there helping her as she struggles with these last few weeks. I've gotten myself in a mess here with all these animals and responsibilities at home, it makes it hard to leave for any amount of time. This week is the end of volleyball season and Halloween and then next week I'll be busy picking and juicing pomegranates. So hopefully she can hang in there so I can go out to help. This is such a busy time of year but it's always so nice when it cools down. I'm not a big fan of Halloween because I'm not good at dressing up and costume wearing. Trulie wanted to be a witch so Mindi made her a cute little shirt, hat and broom. She continues to keep us all on our toes. She was bouncing on the trampoline with one of her brothers and fell on her arm and got a buckle fracture. It's healing well but she keeps taking her brace off and yesterday she was out again jumping with her brothers. I just say a prayer and hope she doesn't break anything else.

No comments: