Thursday, October 16, 2014

Somewhere Far Away Someday

It seems like the last few months have been really hard for me. Besides fighting the oppressive heat, I feel like I've been fighting myself. I don't know if it's just normal as I age to become a little bit more confused about life, or just the way my life seems to be heading. I look back and try to find a place where it started. Was it my miscarriage, raising naughty teenagers, Kamber's passing or hip and knee surgeries? Whatever the reason, I guess it doesn't really matter. Life just seems to be one adversity after another. I was told recently that I'm such a negative person, it's a wonder anyone can deal with me. I think I live in reality, but maybe it is a constant state of negativity. I need to work on that and maybe reading some suggested Conference talks will help. A couple of days ago Mindi and I took the puppies and my two old labs to the vet. The puppies needed their first shots before we can send them to their new homes and my male needed his rabies vaccination and the female is having a hard time walking. The vet is always so nice and after giving the shots and some needed medication, we left.  I felt like I had been in a fight after getting those dogs home and back out to Ethan and Jenn's house. Candi, B.J. and the kids have been on a trip since Oct. 2. They will be coming home on Saturday and I can't wait to hear about their trip. I'm also missing Spencer and his family a lot. It's been almost a year since they have been here. I'm hoping that someday they will move closer so I can spend some time with them. Maybe they will take me on a trip with them, somewhere far away where it's nice and cool and happy. Then maybe the negativity will leave and I can see myself as the Savior does.

No comments: