Monday, November 3, 2014

The Best Family Ever



The weekends seem to go by so fast. I wonder how I'm going to get everything done I need to. Friday I finished the quilts for the babies and took some pictures outside on our swing. On Saturday we had a little family shower at Sassy's, a cute little place in Mesa. I took my camera hoping to get some nice pictures but when I went to download them to the computer this morning there was nothing, nada, not one picture. I don't know what happened, hopefully I can figure it out so it doesn't happen again. Jenn got some nice things and the family all pitched in to buy her a twin stroller. I have the best family. This morning I got a call from my dear cousin asking me if Jenn needed more help and if she did to call her. Who does that? Yesterday Rich and I attended the Regional Conference from Salt Lake that all the members in Arizona listened too. I loved the talks and felt they were meant for me. I even took some notes because I wanted to remember what was said. The first talk was about how we need to have an eternal perspective everyday. That is so hard for me when dealing with health and family issues that seem to never end. He gave four simple truths about our lives. They are, (1) We are children of God. (2) Life has an eternal purpose, (3) God has a plan for me, (4) Progression is eternal. When I look back at some of the trials I've had, at times I wasn't thinking about the eternal perspective, that these trials are just a part of life, and they help me learn about me. The speaker said, "Trust in the Lord and his plan for you." It seems like so many things are out of my control that the only thing I can work on controlling is my own thoughts and actions. This week is another busy week  as we are picking and juicing pomegranates. Hopefully the kids can help this year because all of us senior citizens aren't strong enough to carry the heavy loads of fruit. It is a special time though and we have lots of fun when getting together and working. I have the best family.

No comments: