Friday, May 2, 2014

MRI Survived, Torn ACL

It seems like every week there is a new challenge. Sometimes I wonder if it's just me or if everyone's life is the same. My darling cousin Barb came and took me to get my MRI on Wed. She is a nuclear med tech at the company where I had my scan done. Her Dad was killed in an airplane accident when she was four years old, so she's been more like a sister to me. Our Mother's are sisters and they lived with us for a little while after her Dad died. I knew it would be hard to have this test done so I brought her for moral support and she sat right at the side of the table and we talked during the whole test. Wow, what a difference that made having someone I love and respect so much being there for support. One of the doctors at the imaging place is in my ward. I adore him and his wife and she is our Relief Society President. So this morning I called to ask if she could have him call me and tell my what the report was on my knee. It's funny how sometimes I receive inspiration and I know what I hear but then when I hear it from someone else it makes so much more sense. I injured my knee playing volleyball when I was around twenty years old. I had another surgery on it in 1987 and have been lucky to have made it this long without major surgery. Anyway, I guess my ACL is torn, in fact they couldn't even see it on the scan. Spencer injured his while playing football in college but he was young and had a bright future ahead of him. So, here I am again wondering what to do. I need some more of that good ole inspiration and the advice of my trusted surgeon to see what my future will bring. Either way it looks like my trip to the beach this summer is going to be put on hold. Either way it wouldn't be fun to go on crutches, and if I do have surgery the recovery time will be longer than a month I'm sure. Life goes on, there will be other opportunities for me I hope, but for now all I want is to go in my sewing room and make a quilt, maybe after I eat a Peanut Buster Parfait, yea that will make it all better.

No comments: