Monday, May 12, 2014

Special Mother's Day

I had a wonderful Mother's Day. I not only have the "Best Mother Ever", but my kids are pretty special too. On Saturday Ethan brought me by a beautiful bouquet of lavender roses, and lilies. He is my son with the biggest heart and kindest soul. Church was good with the usual, predictable talks about mothers and just how special they are. I think I must be maturing because I didn't have the same emotions of regret and  sadness this year. I just had such gratitude that I still have my mother and that I was able to be a mother. I still think that most mothers do their absolute best at loving and nurturing their children but wow, sometimes you think you aren't going to make it through those teenage years. We had lots of extended family over for ice cream and treats. The oldest grandchild will be graduating from high school this year and we found out we will be having our eighteenth grandchild in December. Sometimes the blessings just keep coming, but with them always comes the adversities. I got a call on Friday that my insurance has approved my surgery on my knee. She wanted to schedule it for June 2, but when I told her I was going to the beach that day, she gave me Monday the 19, Rich's 60th birthday. How could I turn that down, especially when he can do whatever he wants that day. So this week will be filled with tests that are required before surgery. I will have an EKG tomorrow and then a chest X-ray and blood work on Wednesday. If I pass those I will be sleeping like a baby on Monday morning and hopefully will get some answers to why I'm having trouble walking. Then I only have two weeks to recover before I will be laying on the beach in Huntington smelling the salty air and enjoying the ocean. Say a prayer for me, I'm hoping for a speedy recovery.

No comments: