Friday, May 23, 2014

A Wonderful Birthday!

I had a wonderful day yesterday. After spending three days in bed taking meds and putting ice on my swollen knee, it was good to get up and out of the house. I had a dear friend and my sister come visit me in the morning. I had lots of phone calls and cards. As Mindi and I were heading out to get lunch with Candi and her in-laws it felt so weird to be outside in the sunlight. I know that when you go under anesthesia it messes with your brain. I kind of felt like I've had an "out of body" experience. It seems like my life stops, while everyone else just keeps on plugging along. Rich works harder than ever when I'm down, there isn't anytime to sit and hold my hand when there's work to do, and I wouldn't expect that of him. Anyway, after we got home from lunch I went in my room to lie down and take a nap. I was just drifting off to sleep when the doorbell rang. Here I was without any pants on trying to get to the door on crutches, while slipping on some shorts. It was one of our home teachers bringing me a red rose. After they left my three cousins came by and brought me some candy. While they were visiting, my other home teacher came by and brought ice cream and yummy cinnamon bread. Did I mention I've gained five pounds this week since my surgery? When they left it was time to feed the critters, so Trent and I went out to do our nightly chores. When I came back in my Brother Len and his wife Julie came bringing me a card and a bath bomb, that I will use when my stitches are out. When Rich finally got home he was wondering where dinner was. Nothing really sounded good but we finally decided to get some pizza and salad. So after that my birthday was over for another year. When I went to bed I had such a feeling of gratitude. I am so thankful for my friends and family who really made me feel loved. I know I don't deserve it but it means so much to me, everyone that remembered me, I love you all. Thanks again!

No comments: