Monday, May 19, 2014

Rich Turns Sixty, Surgery



I'm getting ready to head to the hospital for surgery on my knee. I thought I would stay up until midnight and drink as much as possible so I could get hydrated because "nothing to eat or drink after 12:00."  Well that backfired on me being up seven times in the night between midnight and 6:00 going to the bathroom. Sometimes I wonder why I even try because now I'm so tired, maybe that's a good thing. I just wanted to give a shout out to Rich because today he joins us senior citizens. He turned 60 this morning at 5:00 a.m. His phone was ringing early and he usually just spends his birthday working as hard and fast as he can, good thing he likes his job. Anyway, I'm hoping and praying that everything goes well and I can find some answers to my inability to walk without crutches. Hopefully I will feel good enough to eat a piece of birthday cake tonight. His birthday present to himself was going to Ethiopia, a once in a lifetime experience that he would do again. I'm thankful for my family who put up with me and help me through the hard times. Hopefully this surgery will improve my life and I will be well enough to go to the beach in two weeks. But if not I will be enjoying the summer sweltering in the heat, sounds divine.

No comments: