Saturday, May 31, 2014

Post Op and a 24 Hour Visit

This week was crazy with two doctors appointments and a 24 hour visit from Spencer. On Tuesday I went to my after surgery appointment with my surgeon. I had already taken the stitches out because they were pulled so tight over my knee it felt like I was being stung by a bee all day. I thought he would be mad but he wasn't concerned at all. I asked him to give me his honest opinion if he thought my knee would be well enough for me to travel to California next week. He said, "Oh Yeah, you should be fine." I told him that I can sure tell a difference in having surgery at sixty-one and the one he did when I was thirty-four. My knee has been so stiff and sore and so bruised it is a dark shade of purple. When Spencer got here on Wednesday he did a treatment on me and massaged the bruises. He really is a thoughtful son and wants me to feel better. He was only here for a short time going up to Young to speak at a scout encampment meeting Wednesday evening. They got home really late that night so we only had a few hours on Thursday morning to visit. He took me shopping for some pants to wear to the beach and then we went to Serrano's for Mexican Food. I never did get to go out for my birthday, so this was a little get together for that. My sister Mell came and so did my parents, Candi, B.J. and their boys and me. Spencer had to be back to the airport to catch a flight to Denver at 4:00 p.m. so he's gone now until I see him sometime in the future. They love living in Boston but all I can do is just hope and pray that someday they will move back home. It sure was fun having him around, even if it was only 24 hours. I have had a stupor of thought all week about my ability to travel with my surgically repaired knee. I want to go so bad and I have been looking forward to this trip since I got home last year. I don't want to be a burden to my family while I'm there and I will probably need a lot more help getting up the stairs and walking in the sand at the beach. Do I go, or do I just stay home where it would be much easier? This is probably my one and only chance to get out of the heat for the next five months, but am I well enough to go? When I'm awake in the night I try and figure it out in my mind, going through all the different scenarios of what could happen. Hopefully by Monday when I start packing, I will have received an answer to my prayers. If not I will just have to go on faith and hope everything works out. Sometimes life just seems too hard for me and I'm tired of fighting these feelings and indecision.

1 comment:

Dana said...

You need to go to California!! I live in Huntington right at the beach and I can come take care of you while you're here! :) plus it would be fun to see you!