Monday, January 27, 2014

My Tooth Is Gone

I just got home from the office of my favorite oral surgeon and my tooth is gone. Over the weekend I started having some pain deep in my jaw so I felt I should have it looked at. After x-rays he decided that we could either spend $2500 to try and save the tooth or just pull the dang thing out. I had taken an extra anxiety pill in case he recommended the surgery and so after taking my medication he numbed me up and then did what he had to remove the tooth in pieces. I remember having my wisdom teeth pulled when I was a teenager, but I guess sixty year-old teeth are different. Now I need to start saving for an implant and crown, which I know won't be cheap. Yesterday church was so good. The talks were on faith and the young men and women sang one of my favorite songs, "Sisters in Zion/Army of Helaman." There is something special about these young kids singing, it brought tears to the eyes. I learned a lot about faith. There are two different types of faith, temporal and spiritual. Temporal faith is when we have faith that we can cross the street without getting run over, but spiritual faith is faith in our Savior, that he knows us and is aware of our needs. I also learned about covenants that we make and that "covenant makers are commandment keepers." I haven't been to tour the Temple yet but am planning to go soon. Everyone I talk to says it is beautiful, I can't wait to go. Spencer and his little family will be here in a week and hopefully they will be happy to get out of the freezing cold weather and come home to the desert. I have missed him so much and can't wait to spend some time with him, Annie and the grand kids. Life is full of trials, but I know it will be worth it someday.

No comments: