Wednesday, January 22, 2014

A couple of weeks ago I went out to spend the day with Candi and her family. We watched football, ate pizza and even took a little nap. I was in one of those moods where everything seemed dark and I had no hope. This isn't something new for me, as I can remember being like this my whole life. I'm sure there is a diagnosis or remedy for it but until I find it, I will just "carry on." Anyway, on the way out to their house, my little eight year-old grandson Major asked me if I would make him a quilt. With seventeen grand kids I usually wait until I get asked before I make one. So for the last two weeks I have been sewing in my spare time and finally finished it on Monday, MLK Day. Tristyn was playing in a volleyball tournament at ASU, so I went for the last two games. When my girls were teenagers I would go to all their tournaments, even those in Las Vegas, but now Mindi and Dave can do the traveling and supporting. After the games Candi went by her shop and got her scissors and clippers and came by to do hair. There are some perks to helping your daughter get through hair school. We wouldn't be able to afford what she charges for hair and we appreciate every time she comes over. Mindi had asked me what I was going to do when I gave Major his quilt and didn't have one for his little brother, Dallas. I will feel bad but he never asked me to make him one so that's tough. So when I gave Major his quilt, Dallas buried his head in his Mom's side and started sobbing, wanting to know where his quilt was. I finally got him under control when I told him I didn't know what kind of quilt he wanted or what color. He calmed down and said something about oval shaped fish, what! but decided on something with animals on it. So yesterday I pulled out my stash of fabric and started making a quilt for him. I'm looking forward to having Spencer and his family come for a visit in a couple of weeks, and am excited to take a tour of the new Gilbert Temple. If anyone goes into the tent at the Temple, my kitchen chandelier is hanging in the tent. Lennie and Rich took it down a few weeks ago to use for the open house, so we are just eating in the dark for a couple more weeks, and boy is it romantic, NOT!

No comments: