Monday, January 6, 2014

"Be The Darling That You Are"

Last week was crazy with spending New Years Eve at the pound picking up my street walking dogs and going to bed before ten p.m.. I could hear all the people whooping and hollering and shooting off fireworks but I was too tired to participate. I love all the church talks on a new beginning and starting over, letting the past stay in the past and having a new outlook on life. Hum! The problem for me is that even though the calendar turns to 2014, I still have the same struggles I had last year, and the year before, and as long as I can remember back. What do you do about those trials? How do you let go of the grief of losing a grandchild or some mean things someone has said about you? Yesterday I went out and spent some time with Candi and her little family. We had such a good time and they were so kind, fed me lunch and we watched football together. As we were talking, the conversation went to my Mother, Grandma Greer. Major didn't really know who we were talking about until Candi said, "you know the older lady with the white hair." She then went on to tell Major something Mom used to tell her all the time. She always says, "Be the darling that you are." It took me back to my many conversations with her, even now, where she has ended with, "Teri you are a darling, keep smiling and being the darling you are." I guess if your Mom feels like you are a darling you should be able to put up with all the sadness and heartache that comes your way. Last week I made a quilt for a little six year-old boy in our ward who was critically hurt when he was thrown off a golf cart on Christmas. He had two skull fractures and bleeding on the brain and was in really bad shape. Mindi was asked to help take dinner in on Thursday evening so I spent two days sewing and getting it done so she could take it to him. Last I heard he is home from the hospital and doing well, I hope the quilt will give him some comfort. Hopefully in the New Year I will be able to be the darling that my Mom thinks I am.
 
 

1 comment:

Brian N Shay Troupe' said...

Aunt Terri,

Your so very talented with your quilting,your heart is bigger than life and I'm sure that little boy could feel the love you sewed into that blanket. Hope all is well.

Love Shay (Mike's daughter)