Saturday, January 18, 2014

My Sack Of Rocks Is Perfect For Me

Another week has come and gone and we are already in the middle of January. The buzz around here is all about the opening of the new Gilbert Temple. My brother and sister-in law have been on the committee to see this happen and this morning they got to take their immediate family and my parents through as guides. My Mom drove over from Scottsdale to come but Dad is really sick with the flu. When I talked to him the other day he was having a hard time breathing, but I think he's doing better. Hopefully he will be able to come with us when we go later this month. After taking a weeks worth of antibiotics, I still don't know if they will be able to save my tooth. Just one more thing "that can possibly go wrong." Rich always thinks I think of the worst case scenario, but I think he doesn't live in reality most of the time, so we're even. This week I've had a few interesting conversations with friends and family members. One especially intrigued me, as we were talking about expectations in our life. As I listened I thought of myself and how my life hasn't really been what I expected either. As a young girl I was extremely active. I drove my Mother crazy to the point she sat on the floor and cried one time after I climbed on top of the fridge and dumped a whole box of cereal on the floor. Mindi is experiencing a little bit of that with Trulie. As I listened and then said, "Do you think I would ever think my life would be the way it is, with hip replacement, anxiety, and the passing of Kamber?" Everywhere I look people are going through hard times, and I get it. But I also know that no matter how hard things are for me, there is someone going through something more challenging. My sister once told me that we are all caring a sack of rocks. Each of us have our own sack specific to us. I really don't want to carry any other sack besides mine. My sack is just perfect for me, no matter how heavy it gets, it's still mine.

No comments: