Tuesday, October 9, 2012

I Loved Conference

I absolutely loved listening to Conference. I felt the spirit in the music and talks. I cried as I listened to the Brother's talk about his young son who choked on a piece of chalk and passed away. I haven't had those feelings that strong since Kamber drowned four years ago. As he talked about the sadness, despair, hopelessness and guilt, I realized that we will all go through trials during this mortal life. It seems like after the two day feast of the spirit I go into kind of a fog. I try and process all that was said and try see how far I am away from being like the Savior. All I can do is try and make each day a time to repent and try harder. Last week my sister and I went to the MD Anderson Cancer Center with my Dad. We had never been there before and as we walked the long halls to join my parents, I became anxious. There is a specific smell to the place, whether it's the chemo drugs or just the building, it was scary at first. I saw some patients who were alone in wheelchairs with oxygen waiting for their treatments. After waiting for what seemed like an eternity they called us back. They took Dad's vitals and weighed him and put us in a room. The doctor came in a few minutes later and he looked so young. After an hour long lecture on all the details of his diagnosis and possible treatments we were ready to get the heck out of there. After sitting for two hours I could barely walk, my hip was killing me and I had to hold on to the rail as we left. I told my sister," I hope I never have to go through what these people are going through." She said, "you may never get cancer but the way you are walking it looks like you will be in a wheelchair soon." Hopefully I will be able to make a decision soon on what I need to do about my hip, I'm still waiting for that inspiration I was promised in a blessing I received from my Dad a few weeks ago. This week is going to be busy with birthdays, doctors appointments and the birth of Spencer and Annie's fourth baby tomorrow. I am truly blessed beyond belief and thankful for everything I have been given, even the trials.

No comments: