Friday, October 19, 2012

"Cease and Desist"

I remember a few years ago having a discussion with my attorney brother on how I didn't see how attorneys could represent people who had committed terrible crimes get away with it. I was told that the Constitution made sure that everyone is entitled to "due process" and to be defended by an attorney. I made the mistake yesterday of getting into a political discussion with my sister. Boy, do we disagree on just about every ideology. I called my dear friend who I'm trying to help get her "bar", reception venue passed by the city and she sounded terrible. The hateful, venomous, lying neighbors had gone to the city to make her stop doing anything on her property until the final hearing in November. The City brought out a Cease and Desist letter prompted by complaints from the most "intolerant people" Rich has ever seen. So all last night I tossed and turned, trying to find a way to help my friend and get justice for her. I had thoughts of retaliation, pickets, and nasty letters. When I woke up I was too tired to do anything so, I went in and opened the scriptures and just read. I started thinking about all the good things my friend does for people. She goes to the mortuaries and does peoples hair after they pass away, getting them ready for burial. She decorates for people who are struggling in this economy and did a wedding for a bride whose parents never paid her a penny because she didn't want to ruin the bride's day. As I thought of the many things she has done and what a good person she is, I had this calm feeling that justice will prevail for her. If it is true that our Heavenly Father knows us, loves us, and wants what is best for us, things will work out for her, No Matter what happens. I know sometimes when I write on my blog it comes off hateful, distasteful, exaggerated and negative. These are my real feelings and this is my blog. If it offends you, PLEASE don't read it and stay away from me. For those of you who are my friends and honestly care about me, thank you.

No comments: