Thursday, October 4, 2012

Another Sleepless Night




I had another almost sleepless night last night. There were three important events I needed and wanted to do but found myself at only one of them. I wanted to watch the Presidential debate, go to the hearing for my friend at Town Hall and Tristyn had a volleyball game where they were raising money for curing cancer.  Mindi spent two days making cookies to sell and then yesterday I helped her make caramel popcorn. Rich and Dave went to support my friend Marlene, while I went to the game to help Mindi with the kids. When I got home I tried to watch the debate I had on DVR but my mind was on what was going on at the city. Dave was texting updates as to who was speaking and what was happening. It was around 11:00 p.m. when Mindi came down with the news that they ruled in favor of my friend with a 4-2 vote.Whew! When Rich finally got home, we talked about what he listened to and he couldn't believe how mean and hateful those neighbors were to my friend. Thanks to a lawyer friend, the Pastor of the church next to her and the good members and neighbors of the Pioneer Ward they were able to get the votes needed for her to run her little wedding reception business. This experience has made me realize just how naive I am about people, how I think some are my friends who really aren't and how spreading lies and distortions don't win in the end. I just hope everything works out the way I hope it will. Rich is on his way to Utah for his mission reunion, I always have mixed feeling when he goes, I'm happy that he gets to see all his companions and his family up there but have the feeling of being left behind, even though it is by my choice. I know how fast this weekend will go by with all the shopping, watching conference and working on quilts and crafts. He will be home before I know it, besides I am on baby watch as Annie is due any minute with our 17th grandchild. We don't know what sex the baby is, so it will be a surprise for all of us. Collecting both pink and blue stuff has been fun.

1 comment:

larsen family said...

Sorry I couldn't be there to help at the game on Wednesday. I guess I wouldn't be much help adding my millions of kids to the bunch. I'm sure Mindi's delicious cookies and popcorn were a hit at the game.:)
Anyways... we loved getting to watch her play on Tuesday and really hope to make it to some more of her games before the season is over.