Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Killing Scorpions and Packing for Utah


After being stung by a scorpion Sat. night I've been nursing my poor old sore leg and happy that the numbness in my feet, hands and lips has gone away. My leg is still red, swollen, really sore and itching but hopefully the worst is behind me. We decided we would take matters into our own hands and for the last two nights we have been out hunting scorpions. Trace and I didn't even make it out the front door before we found a big one and then as we headed over to Mindi's house she came out and helped. We killed over 25 on Sunday night and last night at least 6. I wasn't even going to attempt the backyard unless Rich or Dave go with us, it's too scary, two acres of scorpions, ugh. We are going crazy trying to get everything done before going out of town. Mindi and Dave are leaving on Friday for Tristyn's volleyball tournament in Ohio. They will be coming home the day Rich and I will be leaving for Utah. We are trying to stock up on all the feed for the animals and groceries we will need to keep everything fed, and hopefully alive. With the temps getting over 110 degrees, it makes me really worry about their safety. I woke up at 3:00 a.m. this morning worrying about all that needs to be done before I can leave, I was still awake at 5:30 so today I'm tired. It would be so much easier to just stay home and float around in the pool but it will be good to get away. I love driving through the small Utah towns around the 4th of July. I like to stop and shop in all the little antique stores and see if they have any homemade quilts. One of these days I will have enough money to buy a wedding ring quilt, something I've always wanted. I was told this week that maybe my scorpion sting was Karma coming back to me because of my nasty venemous attitude. All I can say to that is that if my sting is Karma you better be watching for that big rattlesnake coming your way. Ha Ha!

No comments: