Thursday, June 21, 2012

Hope, Charity and Love

This week has been a downer for me. After attending the funeral of our family friend I have had lots of thoughts go through my little brain. As I was reading my scriptures yesterday I had this thought come over me, "what would people say about me at my funeral?" What kind of a life am I living? After my funeral would my friends and family think I was a good person and be uplifted, or would I just be known as a Debbie Downer with a petting zoo? I have even thought that maybe I need to talk to someone I trust, to see if I can let go of some things that are keeping me stuck. It seems like these last few years I have had some trials that have shaken me to my core. Losing Kamber was the start of my trip downhill, then my hip surgery that really hasn't solved my problem and a couple of other things that have hurt me deeply. As I finished my reading yesterday in Moroni it talks about hope and charity. 42 "Wherefore, if a man have faith he must needs have hope; for without faith there cannot be any hope.." Then verse 47 "But charity is the pure love of Christ, and it endureth forever and whoso is found possessed of it at the last day, it shall be well with him." Then 48 "Wherefore my beloved brethren, pray unto the Father with all the energy of heart, that ye may be filled with this love, which he hath bestowed upon all who are true followers of his Son, Jesus Christ, that ye may become the sons of God; that when he shall appear we shall be like him, for we shall see him as he is; that we may be purified even as he is pure. Amen" That we will know Him because we are like him is the hope I have for me.

No comments: