Saturday, June 2, 2012

Birthdays and Trek









Last night we had the family over to celebrate Tayler's 11th birthday and Candi's 33rd. It was so dang hot, 112 degrees that we decided to just swim and eat, the two things we do the best. I spent a week working on a quilt for Candi using all the shirts she wore while playing volleyball during her teen years. She had brought the bag of shirts over to send to DI or Goddwill but instead I put them in a bag and they have been sitting in my sewing room for a few years. Last week I felt inspired to put them together in a quilt. Some of them had stains or holes but they were special because they were hers. Rich and Tristy had been up in the mountains trudging through the dirt for three days on Trek and they got home while we were eating. I couldn't believe how dirty they were, especially their feet. It sounds like they had a marvelous time and hopefully gained a new appreciation for our ancestors who walked 1200 miles as they walked only 26, which would kill me. I'm so glad to have been born in this time as the hardship those pioneers went through would have not been something I could have survived, I'm sure of that.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I know that Candy will love and appreciate the quilt you made her forever--long after you leave this world she will share it with her children and grandchildren--you are an inspiration I wish I knew how to quilt--love you