Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm Sad, Tired and Giving Up


Last week after it got so hot I had two rabbits that didn't look well. On Saturday I brought one of them in and let him sit in the cool of my laundry room. I tried to feed him and then brought his friend in on Tuesday. Candi helped me doctor my big one up and we found that the flys had been eating his skin. It was gross but we put some medicine on him and I really thought he would get better. When I woke up yesterday morning the little one was already dead and my big one was acting strange, almost like he was seizuring. I called a rabbit breeder friend of mine to see what I could do with him and after trying a couple of things, I went in and he was dead too. So yesterday I buried two of my little furry friends. I have been feeling really overwhelmed with all that needs to be done around this house, yard and pool. I'm no spring chicken, so everything I do takes a toll on me, especially since my hip surgery. Rich doesn't really enjoy them and knows how much work they are to take care of. After being so discouraged last week I came to the conclusion that I need to get out of the animal business. I don't know where the obsession of animals came from, I'm sure it was passed down in my DNA but I'm tired, maybe even giving up. There are so many things I would like to do, like quilting classes, a computer class and maybe even go away somewhere for awhile. I can't do that as long as I have 50 animals depending on me for food, water and love. I go through this every summer when it gets hot. During the fall winter and spring it's okay, but the brutal temps here in the desert are unbearable at times for these little creatures. Life goes on, the sun will come up tomorrow and like so many times before in my life, the good will out way the bad and "things will get better."

No comments: