Saturday, June 16, 2012

God Be With You Till We Meet Again

This week seems to have just flown by. I spent the last two days in the car running errands, going to doctor's appointments and shopping. It seems like I run out of everything at once, so we try and do as many things as we can while we are out. Candi and B.J. will be leaving next weekend for their annual trip to the beach. Ethan and Jenn are going to Las Vegas with some friends and Mindi and Dave will be taking Tristyn and Trulie to Ohio for her national volleyball tournament. Rich is having his 40th high school reunion and family reunion in a couple of weeks so we are trying to figure out all the details to be able to leave home for the first week of July. Since we made the decision to go, I haven't slept well. I wake up worrying about my plants, animals, the pool, my ponds the irrigation and anything else I can think to worry about. Why is it so hard for me to just let loose and leave the comforts of my home? Sounds like I need some therapy.Tomorrow is Father's Day and I'm so thankful to still have a father to honor. This week I got the sad news from my Mom that one of the kindest and best men I know, passed away. Floyd Leavitt has been our neighbor and friend forever. My Mom grew up with him in Mesa and my Dad and him did painting in the summer while school was out. A couple of weeks ago he fell off a stool and broke his hip and another bone in his leg. They said he was suffering tremendous pain and did surgery. He has now been reunited with a son he lost as a child so I'm happy for him, sad for the family. Next week will bring more of the same as I try and prepare myself for our trip, I also plan on attending a funeral for a very special person who has gone home. God Be With You Till We Meet Again.

No comments: