Sunday, June 24, 2012

I HATE Scorpions, LOVE Puppies


Last night as I was lying in bed listening to a relaxation tape on my I pod, I felt something on my leg. I lifted my other leg over to get it off when I felt the sting of a d@&* scorpion on the bottom of my leg. It hurt so bad I thought I was going to cry. I stripped the bed and got the lights on but never did find that nasty thing. From 11:30 to 2:30 a.m. I tried everything I knew to stop the pain. Tylenol, Advil, Benedryl, hydrogen peroxide, lavender oil, ice and anything else I could think of. I finally dozed off and then at 4:00 a.m. I was back up, this time with numbing of my feet, hands and lips. I tried to take a drink and the back of my throat felt like it was swollen shut, and my tongue felt weird. Now I have been stung a lot of times but this one is by far the worst one I can remember. I have been in bed all day trying to figure something out to relieve the pain and numbness in my feet and hands. I called my niece Mary who is a nurse who was recently stung and had the same reaction. She told me that if I did go to the hospital they wouldn't do anything but give me pain meds and let me sleep it off. Tristyn was stung a few days ago in bed too, so I think tonight is the night we go on a scorpion hunting expedition. I used to feel sorry for them when I would find them in my house and  let them go in the dirt field by our house, but NO MORE, I will be killing anything that even resembles a scorpion. I just went down to Mindi's to recruit some help in feeding the animals. As I hobbled down the hall I noticed where the little puppies used to play by the door. We were lucky to find some good homes for them, and hope they will have happy lives but I miss them scampering about, they were so cute.



1 comment:

Diane... said...

TERRI...I AM A SLAYER OF SCORPIONS MYSELF AND HAVE BEEN FOR THE LAST SEVERAL YEARS...MOST NIGHTS I GO OUT WEARING IRRIGATION BOOTS, CARRYING A PROPANE TORCH (MY WEAPON) AND MY BLACK LIGHT...I USED TO KILL DOZENS EACH NIGHT BUT THE LAST COUPLE OF YEARS I ONLY FIND/TORCH A FEW EACH NIGHT...IT IS WELL WORTH THE EFFORT ESP. WHEN I GET A MAMA WITH LOTS OF BABIES ON HER BACK...IF YOU FIND SOME METHOD OF PAIN RELIEF PLEASE SHARE, WISH I KNEW SOMEWAY TO RELIEVE IT!!! GOOD LUCK WITH GETTING RID OF THOSE DEVILS, IT SEEMS TO BE A NEVER ENDING BATTLE!!! HAVE A GOOD 4TH OF JULY!!!!!