Saturday, January 22, 2011

Visiting Mile High and the Aquarium


Time is going by so fast up here in Denver. We have spent all day everyday seeing the sights and running errands. On Thurs. we drove into the city to see Mile High Stadium where the Broncos play. In the entrance they have a waterfall with a bunch of horses. I got some pictures of the little boys standing under the horse. Yesterday we went back downtown to go to the aquarium. At first it was a little bit overwhelming but we got through it. I could not believe the size of some of the fish and they had a huge feature with sharks, turtles, barracudas and stingrays. They also had an enclosure with a tiger and another one with some otters. It has been a little bit hard because the air is so dry up here that I wake up at least three or four times a night drinking water and putting carmex on my lips. Annie finally put a humidifier in my room to try and help with the cotton mouth, but I'm still getting up. Yesterday I started getting a little bit homesick, I've never been a person who loved to travel and live out of bags and sleep in someone elses bed, but all and all I'm glad I came. Life is too short to just hibernate in Gilbert, but it makes me appreciate the nice warm sun and the beauty of the desert. Denver isn't anything like I thought it would be. I had visions of being in the mountains with pine trees everywhere but I think that's only up in the mountains. The nights have been the hardest for me, Troy has been sleeping with me and he loves to stretch his legs out and knee me all night. He also asks me every night if we can go home and sleep in his own bed. We only have four more days until we will heading home, it's been a fun change but I will be glad to sleep in my own bed
Popped-Belly Sea Horses
The boys put their heads under a little bowl so they could see the fish swim around their heads.
Puffer Fish
Turtle and Barracuda
Petting the Sting Rays


1 comment:

Unknown said...

Teri, I am so proud of you, that is a long trip and you did it. I'm sure your family loved spending that time with you-good girl