Thursday, January 20, 2011

The Coughing Crusade

Spencer decided on Sunday that I needed to go to Denver and see his house and where he plays football. I was trying to think of a way to get out of going, but he said it was "non negotiable." So on Tues. morning we packed the Tahoe and off we came. I had NO idea what a long drive it is from Gilbert, Arizona to Denver, Colorado. We made really good time and the weather was clear and it still took us fourteen hours arriving in Denver at 2 a.m. Wed. morning. We brought Mindi's little guy Troy so we had four kids under the age of four. Troy and Tyton had a bad cough when we left and by the time we got to Albuquerque I was ready to find any drug that would suppress a child's cough. Annie ran in to Target but didn't take any ID so when she went to buy some medicine they wouldn't sell it to her. What? So we listened to them cough until they fell asleep. We spent all day Wed. running errands at the grocery store and buying stuff I forgot, and then came home to rest. At about 3:00 in the afternoon it started to snow and boy was it pretty we woke up to two inches of snow in their backyard. Hopefully we will have a fun day running errands and seeing the sights. I want to see the Denver Temple, the Bronco stadium, and they want to go to the Aquarium up here. I don't know how much we will be letting the kids play in the snow, I'm getting tired of the "coughing crusade."

No comments: