Thursday, January 13, 2011

Life Is Passing Me By

This week has gone by really fast for me. The older I get the faster my life seems to be passing me by. I have Trace's quilt almost finished but last night as I was sewing the binding on, my brand new machine broke down. The needle broke and the bobbin holder pulled out. I had to get my old dinosaur machine out and finish the darn thing. Today Spencer and Annie were nice enough to take me by the shop where I bought it and leave it to be fixed. We then went out to Krazy Sub, (you got to love those sandwiches) and then off to the Reebok store to do a little bit of shopping. It's fun going with Spencer because everything is free. Well, not really it's just one of the perks he gets for working his butt off. I have been "down in the dumps" a little bit about all that has gone on this week. The shootings in Tucson have made me realize how I need to live each day with no regrets. As I get older it's easy to look at all the mistakes I've made, things I wish I would have done different or maybe shouldn't have done at all. I wish I could have used my degree and had a career. Maybe if I would have had another baby it would have helped me overcome my despair about my miscarriage. Anyway, my new years resolution was to only worry about myself. Change what I can about myself that I don't like and move on, but it's hard when there are others involved. I'm not the type of person to sit silently and not voice my opinion, that gets me in to lots of messes. Anyway, my resolution was good for about two days so I think maybe I need to find another one. On the drive home from the mall Annie mentioned that there is a little boy her sister knows that has just been diagnosed with leukemia and wondered if there was anything they could donate to a silent auction. We all agreed that having a child with cancer would not be something we would want to deal with. Do we have a choice in what trials we are asked to endure? I would have never guessed some of the stuff I've been through, but no matter how bad it's been, I know someone has it WAY worse than I do. I'm grateful for the knowledge I have that I lived before I came to this earth and that I will continue on to the other side when I'm called home. Maybe things will get easier then.

No comments: