Thursday, January 6, 2011

Number Fifteen on the Way!

It has been fun having Spencer, Annie and their little family staying with us. They usually stay at the Pugmire's when they come because Spencer uses the excuse that we have scorpions and Annie is afraid of them. Anyway, Rich assured them that because it has been so cold we won't see any, so hopefully that will be true. It seems like every Christmas for the last couple of years one of our kids has announced that they are expecting. Last year Jenn and Ethan told us of their pregnancy and Annie was also pregnant but wasn't saying anything yet. Well, this year Mindi is the one who is having a baby. After her miscarriage in April I am proud of her for having enough faith to try again. If I have one big regret in my life it is that I didn't have the faith to have another baby after suffering my miscarriage when Spencer was two years old. I started having some bad emotional problems after losing my pregnancy and never wanted to go down that road again. Mindi is on her way to the doctor for the first time. She was having bad anxiety and worrying that maybe they wouldn't hear a heartbeat like the last pregnancy. Why is it so hard for us to have faith that our Heavenly Father is watching over us and knows what's best ? Every time I look at baby Abney I have such a huge feeling of gratitude that her life was spared. It could have gone so bad so easily, but we are convinced that through the power of the Priesthood and the faith and prayers of those who love her and her family, that her life was spared.

On Tues. night when Tristyn and I went out to feed the animals she started screaming at the dogs. I guess my two rabbits had dug a hole and gotten out. My other two "rabbit, chicken, turtle or anything that moves" killing dogs are over at Ethan's but Spencer's lab and a friend of ours retriever had killed one rabbit and were chasing the other one around the yard. What the HECK! Why can't I keep my animals safe from the predators? Anyway, Rich buried the one and I brought the other one in the house until we could fill in the hole. This morning I went out to check the pool because it isn't working that well and when I looked into the skimmer I found these two baby water turtles. I don't know how they got in there because the pond the parents are in is on the other side of the yard. Anyway, I was sure they were dead. I have no idea how long they have been in the pool. I picked them up and put them in my bathroom sink with some warm water and was so excited when they started swimming around. Now I don't necessarily want two more turtles but I'm glad I was able to save them. It seems like life is just a constant "never know what's going to happen next" kind of thing. I guess it would be boring if we didn't have all these challenges to work through. I hope to be able to handle the next ones coming my way.


No comments: