Monday, January 31, 2011

"Life Goes On, The Sun Comes Up"


It's been crazy since I got home from Denver, besides fighting off a cold and cough I've been busy with other projects. I had a baby blanket to make for a shower on Sat. and then we celebrated my Dad's 82nd birthday later that night. It was also ward conference so we were suppose to be at the Temple that evening in preparation for the meetings on Sunday. I should have just stayed out of town, but traveling isn't that relaxing for me anyway. With my brother and his wife on a mission and my younger brother having family problems, my sister and I are on our own when planning the family gatherings. I guess it has always been the two of us doing most of the planning but at least we had a little support, now we rely on the younger generation for help and they are wonderful. Before I left for Colorado I had some blood work done because of some concerns from my doctor. Mindi called and told me the results showed a few problems so I have a follow up on Friday to see what's going on. As I was sitting there waiting for them to take blood I would look around to "people watch." Most of those coming in were elderly and either limped or needed a cane or walker for assistance. As I have gone to physical therapy I have noticed that most of those are also elderly with severe physical problems. As I was talking to my Home Teacher yesterday, who also happens to be my physical therapist. I told him about my observations and how scary it is to get old he said, "that is what is in our future." I have thought about that all day today. I look at my parents in their early 80's, will I even live to be in my 80's? I asked my Dad on his birthday how he felt being 82, his answer was, "I wouldn't want to give up one year that I've lived." In other words I guess he doesn't want to go back in time and relive the past. The older I get the more I realize that every day is a gift. We never know when someone precious to us will be taken back home. As we move in to Feb. my thoughts have turned to Kamber and how she would have turned five this year. How we all miss her and hope she knows how much we love her. As I looked at Brookie on Sat. she reminded me so much of her sister. She makes me smile when she talks to me. She was only three months old when the accident happened so when I see her it reminds me of how long we have survived the Hell of losing Kamber. Anyway, life goes on, the sun keeps coming up and we get that much closer to another celebration that we have been given the opportunity to make it to.

No comments: