Tuesday, January 25, 2011

My Colorado Adventure Is Almost Over

My "Colorado Adventure" is coming to an end. We have spent all day cleaning, doing laundry and running more errands before we leave tomorrow. On Sat. Annie and Spencer went to help a cousin load her U Haul because she was moving to a different apartment. It was by the Temple so Annie ran me over to see it. The Temple was closed but we were still able to get close enough to take a picture. On Sunday we went to church and then on a scenic drive up north to see some really pretty country. Yesterday they took me up to the Red Rocks. It was beautiful but freezing. It is an amphitheater that has been carved into the side of amountain. Spencer thought he would pull a fast one on me and tell me I needed to go to the bottom of the place to see it. When we got to the bottom we let the boys climb on the rocks behind the stage and then took some pictures. What I should have realized as I was going down is that I was going to have to hike out of that place. There was several times that I thought I was going to die and Rich would have to come up to take my body home. I was cussing Spencer out the whole way up, but I finally made it out. We counted 138 stairs that I went up and lived to tell about. There were lots of people there exercising with their dogs and others just site seeing like us. After the hike we went to the Outlets at Castle Rock to do a little shopping. Annie found some bargains at the children's stores but I didn't see anything I loved so I didn't buy anything. I am so glad I came up here and finallygot to see where Spencer lives and plays. They have been so kind and accommodating but it will be good to get home and sleep in my own bed, alone.I've been sharing a bed with Troy who has been coughing every night since we've been here. I hope Mindi is ready to have her little baby boy back. I hate the heat of the summer in Arizona but I will be happy to get home and feel the warm sunlight on my frozen body. We are praying for a safe drive home tomorrow and have good weather all the way, not to mention having the four little children survive the long journey home. I will be so happy to see Rich and the rest of my family soon.
Denver Temple
Entrance to the temple
At the Bottom of Red Rocks
Boys playing behind the stage
All of us at the bottom
Half way up! (Annie encouraging me)
Made it, look at that view.

3 comments:

larsen family said...

Teri you have no clue how proud I am of you! It looks like you guys have had a lot of fun. Next is just trying to get ethan up there.
See you have proven yourself time and time again that you can do hard things! Way to go!

Lis said...

Aunt Teri,
It looks like you are having a wonderful trip. You look great.

Elisebeth

The McNeil Family said...

I am so amazed that you left home. It looks like a fun trip!! I bet you are so proud of yourself you did it!! What great memories you will have with spending time with your grandkids! I love all the pictures.. I want to go an visit COlorado now